cPanel version 11.48 is released with the current tier. There are some exiting features coming with this version that can improve the hosting experience.
New Features and Enhancements in ver.11.48 :-
- Reinforced Security : Safer and more comprehensive OWASP ModSecurity Core Rule Set which will give advanced level protection for IP Reputation, DOS Protection, Scanner Detection, Protocol Protection, Application Protection, Data Leakages etc. It also gives ability to add ModSecurity rule sets with the ModSecurity Vendors interface.
- Sleeker and stronger cPHulk user interface ( Brute Force Protection is enhanced): A detailed Login/Brute History report is also included.
- Notification Centralization: This setting will notify the cPanel user when the cPanel notifications are disabled or contact address changed.
- Private SSL for Mail: Customers can use their own SSL certificates for mail servers.
- Paper Lantern Theme : Bolder Branding by extending the Paper Lantern theme to webmail interface. Paper Lantern now ships with the Retro style. To change your interface to the Retro style, navigate to cPanel’s Change Style interface (Home >> User Settings >> Change Style).
- Autoconfig for iOS Devices : Simplified iOS configuration for email accounts.
- Expanded Mail Quota : Expanded the mailbox quote to a max. value of 2 Tb on 32-bit systems and 4 Tb on 64-bit systems.
- Maria DB Support : Support for Maria DB 10.0. User interface will continue to display the text “Mysql”, which would be changed to “mariaDB” once cPanel phase out Mysql.
- Restricted Restore functionality: Added Restricted Restore functionality to restoration API calls. The Restricted Restore feature performs additional security checks on the backup file in order to mitigate the risk of transfers from unfamiliar sources. If a component of the backup file has an issue (for instance, a MySQL grant table is compromised or a symbolic link attack), the system will not restore that portion of the backup and will add a warning to the log file.
- Authentication Improvements: Passwords and passphrases throughout cPanel and WHM may now contain spaces. Also, the system rejects any leading and trailing spaces in passphrases during GPG key creation.
- Uses Rsync for Transfer : The transfer and restore system now uses rsync to copy files from the source server to the destination server.
Removed Features and Scripts :
- Removed “Use safe quotas “ from System session of the WHM Tweak Settings.
- Removed support for the User Mode Linux, FreeVPS, and ServeXchange Virtual Private Server environments.
- The integrated Logaholic application is no longer available in cPanel & WHM.
- Removed installSSL script.
Click DEMO for Live experience.