HostDime, one of the leading cloud hosting service providers in India explains about CloudLinux, its features, stability and advantages.
For years, many shared hosting companies are losing customers due to issues with stability. Sudden resource usage spikes, a steady increase in traffic and hackers have always been a threat for system administrators. It has taken them to the brim of customer trust. In 2010, CloudLinux was introduced into the market. Today, they have become one of the most essential for any web host that looks into stability and security. Cloudlinux is now used by umpteen number of hosting companies on 20,000+ servers. It is specifically optimized for shared hosting. Web hosts that use CloudLinux report higher uptime, significant improvements in density, the great decrease in a number of reboots and a significant decrease in account suspension. It has also produced a significant decrease in churn for a number of customers. So, what exactly is CloudLinux?
CloudLinux is a Linux based OS that enables shared hosting providers a more stable and secure OS. It gives system administrators to take fine-grained control to their server’s resource usage. CloudLinux helps ensure that problems with one account don’t degrade the service for others. CloudLinux uses a virtual account feature known as LightWeight Virtual Environment. Each LVE is allotted a certain amount of resources which are separated from the server’s total resources.
Websites slow down after they reach the set resource allocation through CloudLinux shared hosting environment. The website account consuming too many resources will stop working until the resource usage returns to normal. This won’t affect other accounts on the server and will continue to work normally.
Features of CloudLinux
- LVE technology in CloudLinux allows each customer website account to have a separate set of allocated resources LVE ensures that the resources are not shared with any other website accounts.
- Unnoticed traffic spike on one account won’t be affecting the other account or the server. Every website has allocated resources which makes them protected and secured. This keeps websites running even if a sudden spike in resource usage comes from other websites hosted on the server.
- Secured and hardened kernel of CloudLinux prevents hackers from attacking website accounts that are hosted on the same server.
- CloudLinux has a built-in feature called PHP selector. This allows the end-user to select their desired PHP version opening them to more than 120 PHP extensions offering ultimate flexibility.
- MySQL often becomes a major headache for system admins in shared hosting environments. Keeping MySQL stable can be difficult, and customer queries can easily slow everything down.The MySQL Governor feature of CloudLinux helps system admins pinpoint abusers and throttle them in real-time. It tracks CPU and disk IO usage for every website account in real-time and reduces MySQL queries by using same-per-user LVE limits.
Cloudlinux LVE Manager allows you to check packages and user settings. The diversity is one of the fascinating aspects of hosting today. CloudLinux with its ultimate flexibility offers over 120 PHP extensions. There are a lot of Benefits on CloudLinux OS over the standard Linux system. The aim of LVE is to ensure no single Web site can bring off your server.
One needs to wait briefly while the system is initiated and will soon be able to connect with the server to start working. If one has the practice of reading lists of features and services, the chances of encountering the name CloudLinux is quite often. One needs to know the affordable capacity of the server one has. It works together with CageFS to extend a wide spectrum of security layers for you as well as your customers. Traditionally, shared hosting servers required a lot of wiggle room open as a way to maintain stability in the instance of sudden usage spikes. It is always possible to uninstall CloudLinux. CloudLinux can be used with all significant control panels. CloudLinux can identify, in real-time, the quantity of memory actually employed by means of an end customer’s processes.
CloudLinux can be set up and prepared to host production apps and solutions. CloudLinux may also be employed on dedicated servers and standard VPS servers without a problem. It also needs to be mentioned that CloudLinux has existed for some time, and is quite mature and widely employed. CloudLinux improves the overall stability and functioning of the server by imposing limits on the number of resources that may be consumed by a single user. Cloudlinux permits to pick from several PHP versions gone are the times of running just a single version of PHP on a server. CloudLinux has a crucial role in cPanel web hosting and supplying a service which is reasonable to all clients. CloudLinux can be easily activated with the help of Manage2. Manage2 is built by cPanel software provider for resellers to manage licenses for customers. Enabling cloud Linux along with cPanel License would add value to the customers.
Advantages of Cloudlinux
- The main advantage of using CloudLinux is the restriction of the use of server resources by the user. When the RAM or disk I/O is used to the maximum, the server administrator can display its custom error page alerting the users about resource problem.
- CloudLinux seamlessly integrates with cPanel to provide users with detailed charts about RAM, CPU, and disk I/O on how to use their applications.
- CageFS technology is used by CloudLinux. It separates system files of each user completely which isolates any user so-called and prevents other users from being seen, attacked or harmed.
- CloudLinux allows the server administrator to save server resources. It allows them to host more users without the knowledge of how to manage a server’s resources making better resource consumption.
- Cloudlinux is an extremely stable operating system with numerous security enhancements and has great advantage when hosting multiple websites from the same server.
- Lightweight Virtual Environment is used to limit the amount of resources used by the user. The resources which can be used as CPU, RAM and the total number of processes running under a user. CloudLinux actually makes it possible to offer structured shared hosting plans based on CPU/RAM usage, instead of the usual disk space and bandwidth. A 503 error is used when resource level is full.
HostDime provides one of the best managed hosting in India. We have a plethora of services clubbed with the cloudlinux in dedicated , vps and cloud servers. Contact HostDime to know more about CloudLinux and how our service can help you to attain considerable business.